I am setting up a Docassemble server for developing my projects on open source code.
I will work with the garage door open, so this page will display my digital workplace.
In the meantime, here's a bit of an origin story.
I had just finished a prototype for my access to justice project. I built it on a proprietary platform. The prototype counted more then a thousand variables.
The same week I learned that the platform got acquired by a big corporation.
I wondered, was the work wasted?
- the product relies on certain platform features
- the price constrains the bottom line
- moving house requires rebuilding
- uncertainty about these factors limits my ability to plan
So I setup my server to provide an alternative.
- develop my project by adapting The Document Assembly Line workflow and tools
- host my development project with minimal overhead cost
- develop the project's intellectual property on a platform with an open source license
- develop specific features as the project needs them
- accelerate development with reusable code
The Document Assembly Line
My project documentation